eec247 Homepage

Frequently Asked Questions

Home Gallery Emergency Help Contact Us

Do Electricians need to be registered in the same way as Gas fitters have to be Corgi Registered (Gas Safe Registered) ?
And if so, how do I check that they are registered ?
Yes, nearly all domestic electrical work must be done by a registered electrician.
There are several schemes for electricians (at the moment), rather than just one for gas.

Whatever scheme the electrician is registered with, their details should be on the competent persons website (
On the competent persons website, scroll to the bottom and there are two ways to check the registration.
Option 1 - by name (usually the best option).
Register of Part-P approved Electricians
The results page will give you the details of all the electricians matching your search and you can pick the relevant one.
Registed Part-P approved Electrician

Option 2 - by post code.
This option only takes the first 3 characters of a postcode to search, so it may take some time to find the electrician you are looking for.

What does a Part-P certificate of Compliance look like ?
There is a scanned image / photograph of a Part-P certificate of Compliance here.
In order to get a Part-P certificate like this, the electrical work must have been done by an NICEIC registered Electrician.

What does a 17th edition domestic consumer unit layout look like ?
There are examples of 17th edition domestic consumer units in our gallery here and in our emergency guide here.

eec247 Homepage